At St Mary Queen of Martyrs our aim is to deliver a history curriculum which is accessible to all and that will maximise the outcomes for every child so that they know more, remember more and understand more. We hope that the children will become passionate about finding out about the past and have a good understanding of significant historical figures and events. We plan school trips to engage our children and ‘bring the past to life’.
As historians, our children will be provided with the following opportunities:
- To develop their understanding of chronology.
- To increase and develop their historical skills, concepts, knowledge and attitudes.
- To increase their understanding of the present and how this has been shaped and developed by events that have happened in the past.
- To develop and use their skills in enquiry, analysis, evaluation, and argument.
- To develop their interest in the past, stimulating their curiosity and motivation to learn.
- To develop a sense of identity through learning about the past.